Sunday, October 7, 2012

WHAT CAN YOU LEARN FROM THIS? IT IS YOUR NEXT BEST THING!


Cancer. Oh My God, You might have cancer! FEAR! ANXIETY! STRESS! How will you tell the family? Wait! Stop! You don't know anything definite yet, you need to wait for the Dr to call you back. Fear! The fear is overwhelming, you can't breath, you can't think, you can't feel anything but the crippling fear. What are you going to do?

A few years ago this was my life. The waiting was awful, I thought they would never call. I also knew that my habitual thoughts would strongly impact my condition and it's outcome and so I MUST STOP the fear. Stop the thought process that was creating it so the chemicals it was producing would stop. I needed calming, healing chemicals, not the other ones.

So here it is, a big scary ugly thing on your path and you have to walk it alone. You may have support around you but what is going on in your head is all you, what do you do? This is what I did and why it worked.

I decided that if it was the dreaded disease, it was just my next “best thing” and, if I didn't have it. It was also just my next “best thing”. Once I made that decision, the fear diminished drastically and soon subsided all together.. I know, you think I'm nuts but here is how it works and why it is a good idea.

Your body and mind eavesdrop on each other all the time. They use things called neuropeptides to do this. Neuropeptides are small protein-like molecules used by your neurons to communicate with each  other. When you think a thought, these little communication devises jump into action and broadcast the thought out to your entire body. For instance, have you ever seen a thing you thought was dangerous and before you realized it you were running away from it? When you calmed down and went back to look closer you found it was a just a shadow or a fuzzy or the garden hose? That is the speed and intensity this communication has. Now, not only is it fast but other things are going on at the same time. Because of you thought “yikes a snake!” the chemicals that amp you up to run for safety shoot out in just the right dose to rapidly move you from point A to point B. They affect your heart, breathing muscles  and blood flow. Your eyes will show more white and you may let out a yelp of fear. All of this is caused by the thought that there is a snake. When you realize that is only the garden hose, everything is reversed.

Let's face it fear is fear, snake or cancer. When you see the thing as big and ugly and threatening, you body sends the chemicals to feed that thought, that belief and, sure enough that is what happens. When you can calm that down and send the chemicals that will make it smaller and less frightening, that is what you will get.  By detaching from the outcome of the testing, and not allowing fear to drive my thoughts, I was able to create a calmer, more healthy mind-stream.

The detachment I am talking about doesn't mean that you don't care, it just deciding where you want your thoughts and energies to go, what you want them to nourish. You CHOOSE what you want to feed, the fear or the wellness. By seeing your situation, any situation as your 'next best thing' you create a position that puts you into a positive oriented mind set that will allow your best outcome no matter what. Feed your body's positivity and it will flourish. The chemicals that bring assistance and strength to you will flood your system, thereby raising you above the fear line and into a more healing place from which to work.  Bright Blessings, Chessie
© Chessie Roberts 2012, all rights reserved

“May the entire Universe be filled with Peace and Joy, Love and Light. May the light of Truth overcome all darkness! Victory to that Light! Jai!”

No comments:

Post a Comment