Monday, June 1, 2009

Positive

© Chessie Roberts 2009 all rights reserved. Used on Evolution of Self; Journey into Body, Mind, Spirit Balance by permission


I looked up the word, ‘positive’ in the dictionary and was surprised to see that it has 30 different definitions. I had to read them all to see which one pertained to this article and I decided it was #4; emphasizing what is laudable, hopeful, to the good; constructive. I feel that these qualities are being lost in the 21st century for many reasons but the one I want to stress here is our CHOICES.

We have both the ability and the right to choose to be positive, hopeful and constructive. I have found, in my years of teaching this concept that some people choose to enjoy being miserable. Now I don’t condone that choice but I do not condemn it either. I just choose not to associate with those who choose this life style.

I have also discovered a very interesting truth about being positive; it is energizing where as negativity is draining; it takes a lot of energy to stay unhappy! I don’t know about you but I have far better things to use my energy on that will help, motivate and edify others and that makes me happy. Will you join me in being optimistic, confident, constructive, helpful and encouraging? You will find that your life will be positively different for making that choice.
Bright Blessings, Chessie

Sign in Eleanor Roosevelt’s office; “No one can ‘make you’ without your permission.”

No comments:

Post a Comment