Sunday, May 15, 2011

STAYING IN THE NOW

STAYING IN THE NOW




This is a subject that seems to be in the foreground of a lot of seekers lately and one I too am working on. I find that 'staying in my now' helps me stay consciously aware of my thoughts and where they are at any given moment.

Just like everyone else’s, my mind wanders of its own volition, most often in the direction of what is next on my to-do-list and I have to gently bring it back to 'now'. The other direction is also often problematic, as in what “should I done instead of…”

I have found that the body, mind connection can be a difficult thing to harness; much like attempting to gently guide a rambunctious toddler. It is a process, like so many others, of constant awareness and action. Every time I catch myself in one of these ‘off directions’ I MUST stop that process and come back to my now. This needs to be done with love, understanding and compassion and forgiveness for our self. It should also be done without judgment or criticism, there is too much of that flying around out there as it is.

As I continue to remind myself of the importance of staying in my now, without judgment, apology, explanation or analysis of myself, I will attain the state of calm, clarity in the now for which I am searching. So I challenge you to do the same, love yourself, be gentle with yourself and become consciously aware of staying in your “now”. You will find a great peace as well as wonderful growth opportunities. Bright Blessings, Chessie

©2011, Chessie Roberts, All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment